Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Exciting news!

Well.....it's now official. We went to the doctor Monday and found out we're having a BOY! We are so, so excited. The funny thing is that we came up with all kinds of names for girls but none for a boy, so we're stuck! But we have come up with a few options. Because I grew up with two sisters, I know almost nothing about boys, so it will be fun to learn. Things looked great, and I'm feeling really good. My new students are so sweet and have been really excited when I tell them the news...it's been kinda fun. I guess it's time to get to work! We have a nursery to get together...but it needs to be cleaned out first!



Some of my sweet friends from school gave me this "little boy gear." I was so excited. It's the first real boy thing we've received!!







Another friend of mine decided that since the baby is due on Elvis' birthday, he needed this tshirt. She's a little obsessed with Elvis and jokes that the baby's name should also include Elvis!

14 comments:

Michael and Crissie said...

Yeah!!! Little boys are so sweet. And I think Elvis Lee Hill is the perfect name. Ha!

The Cross Family said...

We are so excited for yall. I totally see you as a boy momma. Thomas is ready for his new friend:)

Amanda said...

Yeah!!! I am SO excited for y'all! I told Mary Kathryn that you needed to post some about that miracle! Glad that you did!! I hope school is going well!

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings about not knowing anything about boys being the oldest of 4 girls! But trust me, there is something very special about the relationship between a mama and her baby boy. Somehow you'll know exactly he needs...

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! we love boys! samuel will love his little "hill buddy." they can be bulldogs together...the howells can't wait to meet the little guy! congrats! leanne, lee and samuel

Andi said...

Congratulations!!! It's so true.....little boys LOVE their Momma!!! I have two precious boys that melt my heart numerous times a day! Jessica, I'm sure your dad is soooo excited about having a grandson!! You and Lee are going to be such GREAT parents!!

The Kosko Family said...

so fun. . . .i am excited for y'all...

and don't worry....names are so hard! you'll think of something....

mary straton said...

YAY! I've been waiting for you to post this news. i love boys!

I can't wait to paint something blue for you. :)

hope you're having a good school week.

April said...

Yeah, we are so excited for you! I hope you are feeling well, hope to see you soon!

The Segrest Family said...

YAY! we are so excited! boys are the best!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for yall. That is hilarious about him being due on Elvis' birthday. I will not let you name him Elvis. Ha!

Jenny said...

yay yay!!! boys are soo fun and sweet. and they love their mamas.:) i'm voting NO on the elvis name.:) and you look SUPER GREAT. thank y'all so much for coming tonight--especially with all you have going on lately. love y'all

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Congrats!!! I agree with everyone - boys are WONDERFUL!!! So excited for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

sooo cute! can't wait to find something to buy for our first grandson. Love, Mom