Lee and I had so much fun on our little surprise getaway. He did amazingly well in the planning. We left Friday and met his parents in Winona, and they took Parker to Pontotoc. Then we were off for a night at the Aluvian in Greenwood with dinner at Luscoe's. It was so good, and the hotel was amazing. I know this is ridiculous, but I had never been to the Delta before, so we took our time Saturday driving through up to Clarksdale where we stopped for lunch at Abe's BBQ and dessert at Ground Zero. Then we went on to Memphis where we saw Willie Nelson and Dave Matthews in concert...and ran into Libby and Parker!! We had a great time, and it was such a nice little trip. A great break before the craziness of school began!



2 comments:
I can't believe Lee took you to Greenwood and didn't tell me! And to my old stomping grounds, no less!
Hope y'all had a great time. You deserve it!
i have been "stalking" your blog for a while - through april deloach and mary katherine segrest.
i'm glad you had fun in greenwood - that's my hometown! actually minter city is my hometown, so you may have gone through there going between greenwood and clarksdale.
ANYWAY - sounds like a great trip! even though i'm from there, i'd love to be kidnapped and taken on that trip!
Post a Comment