Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The First Bit of Drama...

Well, needless to say, as is with any wedding, we had a few rounds of drama the week of. Here was the first major catastrophe. The seamstress ruined my dress!! Alyssa and I were in A Southern Affair (who was the wedding coordinator) right after she got engaged. There was a lady there who told us she did alterations and that she also had some veils and jewelry and gave us her card. Well, we called her to do Alyssa's alterations. We took the dress over there around Christmas and left it. We took mine about two weeks before the wedding. When I went back to pick it up on Monday, it looked better than this. But when I went back to get it on Tuesday, it looked this bad. Looking back, it is funny, but at the time, we panicked. I mean, it was 4 days before the wedding! She kept begging us to leave it and let her fix it, and we were really nice about it at first saying that I just didn't have time to drive all the way to Clinton again. But when she kept insisting and then tried to cut something off the dress, I got a little stubborn. Basically, what we finally found out was that she had ruined the dress and knew that no one else could fix it. We freaked! But the wonderful wedding coordinator, Shanna Lumpkin with A Southern Affair, came to the rescue. She called Bill Levkoff, and they had one dress in the right color pink with a different color sash in a size smaller than what I had originally ordered. So we told them to send it on! Once it got here, I took it to Al in Madison, and he fixed the sash. And it actually fit better than the old one! My best friend Lanette picked the dress up Saturday morning and brought it straight to the church! Thank goodness for Shanna. She was absolutely fabulous and sooooo calm. Needless to say, she is not using that alterations lady anymore.

No comments: