skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My Sweet Cougar Connection
This is my sweet little homeroom class! This is the only group of kids that I see on an every day basis, and I see them each day for 30 minutes. They are a motley crew, but I love these kids. My group is all seniors, so we do a lot of college preparation work. Last week was Brittnee's birthday. Brittnee just moved to our school this year - her 15th school in 11 years - and is moving back to Texas in a week. My class heard her talking about the fact that she'd never had a birthday cake with just her name on it because her little sister's birthday is the day after her's and her mom's is the day after that, and they sprung into action. They secretly took up money all week to get her her very own birthday cake...we got an ice cream cake! We surprised Brittnee on her birthday by singing Happy Birthday as two of the girls brought the cake in. I'm pretty sure she had no idea it was for her until we sang, "Happy Birthday, dear Brittnee!" It really was the sweetest thing. The kids were so proud! I've really been trying all year to get them to understand that they need to take care of one another and support each other, so it was neat to see them really "get it" first-hand. It was a day that I will surely never forget, and I don't think they will either.
1 comment:
What a great class! I know Brittnee will remember that forever! You are such a great teacher!
Post a Comment