Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What a Fabulous Birthday!

Well, the big day has now come and gone. Thank you to everyone who posted such sweet messages! I really did have a great day, and most of that is owed to my wonderful husband. All week Lee was so sweet. One day he washed and folded all the clothes, another I found sweet notes everywhere I went, I got a great shoulder rub one day, and he even took off work early Thursday afternoon so we could just hang out and spend the evening doing nothing. I was flattered but had no idea there was a point to it until Friday night when he gave me my gift. My sweet and thoughtful husband had been showing me love in five different ways all week - acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, and finally, on Friday, the giving of gifts. (If you've ever read The Five Love Languages, this should sound familiar. If you haven't, you need to!) He got me some workout pants from LL Bean and a great jacket with a light on the back so I can go walk at night and not have to carry a flashlight. I love it! It was the nicest thing. I cry just thinking about it! How lucky I am!

My yearbook staff girls and Ms. Patty threw me a surprise party at school on Thursday and gave me a gift certificate to Trio that I cannot wait to use. Friday night Lee and I went to eat at Walker's Drive In with Alyssa and Sam and then had ice cream cake at Alyssa and Sam's house (check the post tomorrow for the story on the ice cream cake!) where they gave me some new tennis shoes that were also from MoMo and PaPa. My sweet family went to all the trouble to mail a package to me since they couldn't be here. Lia got me a new bible with my name on it, and my mom and dad got me the Walter Anderson alligator print that I cannot wait to hang up in our house. It is going to look great! And Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Stevie and the boys sent me A Southern Palate, the cookbook by Robert St. John, that Lee and I have already tried out. It has some great recipes! I mean, for a 27-year-old, I really made out! It was a wonderful day and a great week.

4 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

what a SWEET HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! bless his sweet heart!
sounds like you had a stupendous birfday- so glad! you deserve it!

April said...

How adorable, and what a beautiful picture Jess! I'm so glad you had a great birthday and Lee was so wonderful!

The Kosko Family said...

let's celebrate belatedly at the mexican place....eliza kate wants them to put the big sombrero on your head and whipped cream on your nose!

Jenny said...

sweet husband, as usual! hope you're doing good. miss you!