I am officially finished with graduate school...finally! I actually finished yesterday but was so tired of looking at the computer screen that I just couldn't bring myself to post anything. I turned in my last two projects yesterday and did my last presentation. I am so, so glad to be finished. I have learned so much in this past year about how to be a good school administrator, which has spilled over into my classroom and changed the way I teach and deal with almost everything. So I have loved learning about all those things. And I'm going to miss my girls so much, but it was certainly time to be finished. It was so nice to come home yesterday and watch TV last night and not feel like I had something I needed to do...write a paper, read a book, complete a project. Graduation isn't until August, but class is officially over! I'm leaving this afternoon to go to New Orleans for a Senior Project conference, which is the main class I teach. I'm pretty excited. I'm looking forward to learning how to do things better in my class, and I'm real excited about seeing my friends I haven't seen all summer. There are only six Senior Project teachers, and we are a really tight team...and we have a great time together. So it should be a fun weekend.
I come back Friday night to leave again on Saturday for about a week. Lee and I are going on vacation with his grandparents and aunt and uncle. Every year, Lee's grandparents take us all on a big trip. I started going before we got married, so I've been going for a while. We have been to some great places - Jekyll Island, GA; Vail, CO; and even a tour of the west from Washington down to Jackson Hole and back. Lee and I weren't able to go last year because of all that we had going on, and we doubt we'll be able to go for a while after this year. So we decided to work hard to make sure we could go this year. We committed and THEN found out where we're going. Surprise! We're going to Branson, Missouri!! Lee and I have spent a lot of time laughing about it and decided that it would be a relaxing trip and good time to spend with his family. His mom and dad and brother can't go this year, and we'll miss them so much. We're leaving Saturday for Pontotoc to leave for Branson on Sunday. We're staying at a pretty nice resort...with a nice pool! I'll try to post some while we're there. I should have plenty of stories to tell...
Thanks for all of your sweet comments about our big news! I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

10 comments:
Congrats to you on finishing grad school!!! I am so proud of you. I know you have been working hard. So, you will not be in Jackson this weekend? I was hoping to see you.
Leah
congratulations! we'll hang out soon! let me know when you get back from branson!
congrats on being finished!!!! have fun in NOLA and BRANSON!:-) let's hang out when you get back.
love you
wooh hooh on grad school! I laughed out loud when I read Branson. You know, the vacations that you aren't that excited about seem to turn out to be the best. Keep that in mind.
Jeskika,
We missed you today... And I am procrastinating on my 5-12 page reflection by reading your blog!!!
Have fun on vacation(s) - I am jealous...
YAY!!!! so glad you are done with class! hope you are feeling well, pregnancy wise!
and by the way, there is a great outlet mall in branson--- when i worked as a couselor at kanakuk, we took our days off in branson and stumbled upon an outlet mall... a must do in branson =)
whoo hoo! branson! now you're talking :)
seriously, you know kelley and i lived 20 miles north of there...springfield, mo. branson is really not that bad, are y'all staying at big cedar lodge? or the chateau?
the dinner theatre shows are kind of cheesy (one is called shoji tabuchi? weird) but there IS great shopping...two outlet malls, including a gail pittman pottery outlet!
there are a few good restaurants too: a landry's seafood house, and several others on the "strip"
get ready though, the WHOLE town shuts down after like, 5:30pm. i think those old people just like to go to bed early :)
Congrats, Jess. The Hills are on the move. :)
Branson, huh? You guys will be the youngest there by far. AND the cutest, and we know how important that is.
How is your belly?
Let's get together soon. Miss you.
Wow! Congratulations! I know you are SO glad it is over, but what an accomplishment! So great. Now you have time to talk on the phone. yea!
yessss... branson. Please tell me that you went to the dixie stampede. please.
ok, so you have got to start blogging again. I miss you.
Post a Comment