skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Christmas Compromise
Christmas decorations have caused a few disagreements around our house this year. Lee loves Christmas and pulling out all the decorations and putting them all up. I, on the other hand, hate the decorations. I always think they track in so much dust and make my house look junky, and I hate putting them up, and taking them down is even worse. So, with the arrival of our little baby this year, I felt like it was perfectly logical to not put up decorations. Parker is due so close to Christmas that we could very well be at the hospital on Christmas day. Our house is already filled with baby things that we haven't quite figured out just where to put. And, because I can't travel for Christmas, my whole family is coming here to Jackson, and we're staying at Luckett Lodge. And I just don't want to take down decorations either being as pregnant as I will be if we're still here after Christmas or a week after when we've come back home and recovered. Therefore, no need for decorations, right? I thought it was that easy. But oh no. Lee has thrown a fit. So, this was our compromise. Our tiny little four and a half foot Christmas tree. Don't worry. When I asked Lee to get a strand of lights out of the attic, he came down with an entire nativity set for the mantle, stockings, and a wreath that goes on the front of our house. But he's promised me that it would all be down before we came home from the hospital. He is too much!
3 comments:
I'm with Lee on this one. I love to decorate the house for Christmas. I do hate having to take it all down, though. Brad would love to not have to put anything up, so he's with you Jessica. The tree looks beautiful and I'm sure Lee will keep his end of the bargain. Enjoy these last few weeks as just the two of you.
awwwwwww. sweet lee - i too am the one that LOVES the decorations - we put ours up on thanksgiving day and who knows when they will get taken down with me having Nash on the 11th!!!!
hah!
we shoulda done the compromise too...
i love the decorations, too, however, ours have yet to make it up this year. luckily, we got our tree up 2 days before the babies were born last year, and this year....well....who knows if they'll get up or not! that's the way life goes with kids:) any other time, i would say this is a MUST. i've never 'not' had a tree, and now's not the time to start bad traditions, so hopefully, we'll get our act together.:)
Post a Comment