Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Quick Catch Up

Yes, I know it's been a while. Ok, a really long while. I have no excuse. We have been a little busy trying to cram lots of stuff in and get lots together before we got busy with the holidays. And my life has been a little boring. So here's a quick glance at what we've been doing.


Yes, Alyssa and I did finish the cake decorating class. We had such a good time. It was really fun for us to spend time together every Tuesday night catching up, but we had a better time laughing at ourselves...and others in the class. We did learn a lot. Of course, Alyssa has already made a million cakes while I have made none. As a matter of fact, I think she has all my tools we got in class! Oh well. It was worth it. And one day I'll save us big bucks by making birthday cakes for our own children!

I had a shower in Pontotoc a few weeks ago. Lee's sweet cousins and aunts gave it for me. We had a really good time and got lots of fun stuff...lots of clothes to keep this little baby warm! I also had a shower here in Jackson that my sweet small group girls gave me. It was so nice. My mom and sisters and Lee's mom were all able to be here, so that was really special. It was also great to see some friends that I don't get to see all the time.


Lee and I have also been going to the classes at the hospital to get ready for Parker to come. Ugghhhh is all I have to say. We finally finished last night, and I was so glad. Don't get me wrong, we learned some things and were introduced to some things that we didn't already know. But they were on Monday nights, and we were always tired. And most of what was taught in the class was stuff we already knew...I think we read too many books!! We were so glad to walk out of that classroom for the last time Monday night.

We had a really quick and busy Thanksgiving week. Our plans had to be changed around at the last minute. My PeePaw, who is not really my grandfather but has been like one to me and my sisters my whole life, passed away the Thursday before Thanksgiving. Although the death was not a shock because he has been sick for years, it was a little bit of a surprise because he continued to do ok for so long. Instead of going to Pontotoc on Friday, we drove to the Coast for the funeral which was early Saturday morning. From the funeral, we left and drove to Pontotoc and did Thanksgiving with Lee's family Saturday night. We had planned to be home Saturday night but stayed there because we were so tired. In the meantime, my parents came back to Jackson with Alyssa and Sam to put the shelving unit for the nursery in our house. Little did we know they were really doing an Extreme Home Makeover. Sam and my dad put more shelves in all of my cabinets in the kitchen while my mom and Alyssa put all the baby stuff into the drawers and cabinets in the nursery. Lee and I got home Sunday afternoon and were amazed and overwhelmed. It was so nice and looks wonderful. My mom and I spent the beginning of the week finishing up the nursery and doing some things around the house while my dad drove back to Houston. My grandparents and dad and Lia came on Wednesday, so we had Thanksgiving dinner with all of them on Thursday at my house. We used our china for the first time - I know, it's about time. Whirlwind of a week! But we got so much done and had a really good time.

Those are really the most exciting things that have been going on. Sorry I've been such a slacker. I've got to get better at this!! I think because I put it off for so long the thought of sitting down to write anything made my head hurt! I'll be more consistent...hopefully!

3 comments:

Courtney and Jason G. said...

THANK GOD! Seriously, I was so close to packing up and coming down there to see what was going on. I miss you! And, you look so fantastic pregnant! And... those cakes... omg.
Ok, we have to catch up.
xoxox
Court

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

OK - so now that you are caught up, I am dying to see pictures of the nursery! So much work goes into planning the room - you have to show it off!!!
Can't wait to meet and love on Parker!!!

The Segrest Family said...

amen kara! i want to see that cute cowboy nursery finished!
yay!