Well, almost. MoMo and PaPa came this weekend to hang out with all of us - me, Lee, Alyssa, and Sam. The girls shopped almost all day Saturday...we had a really good time... while the guys watched football and moved some heavy furniture at the antique store. We were on a mission - to find fabric to make curtains for our kitchen. We found it!! MoMo and I stayed up late that night cutting and pinning everything. I came home after church Sunday and got right to work...after eating MoMo's red beans and rice. Yum! And here's the finished product. I mean, I know I'm a beginner, and in a few months, I'll probably look at those curtains and wonder why I had the guts to hang them up. But, for now, I'm proud of them. They add a little bit to our kitchen and were a good start for me. My very first thing to sew all by myself! My next project is an apron. We'll see how that goes...
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
All By Myself...
Well, almost. MoMo and PaPa came this weekend to hang out with all of us - me, Lee, Alyssa, and Sam. The girls shopped almost all day Saturday...we had a really good time... while the guys watched football and moved some heavy furniture at the antique store. We were on a mission - to find fabric to make curtains for our kitchen. We found it!! MoMo and I stayed up late that night cutting and pinning everything. I came home after church Sunday and got right to work...after eating MoMo's red beans and rice. Yum! And here's the finished product. I mean, I know I'm a beginner, and in a few months, I'll probably look at those curtains and wonder why I had the guts to hang them up. But, for now, I'm proud of them. They add a little bit to our kitchen and were a good start for me. My very first thing to sew all by myself! My next project is an apron. We'll see how that goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The curtains are beautiful. I am so proud of you.
great job jess!!! I guess those lessons did pay off after all.:)
love,
jenny
Post a Comment