Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sweet Lia!


Today is Lia's 17th birthday, and I can't believe it. It's so fun to watch her grow up, but it's also sad...we still want her to be a little baby. But I'm so proud of her. She is really an amazing 17 year old. It has been so fun to watch her grow into such a neat young woman who loves God and strives each day to live her life according to His word. I am amazed at her wisdom and excitement and passion for Christ and her ability to instill that same excitement into the people around her. It has been especially neat to watch her grow in her new environment in Houston and take each situation with which she's given and make it positive. She's soooo funny and beautiful and honest and encouraging and amazingly talented - she can do anything! And she has a great sense of fashion...which we all know she got from Alyssa. She really is my friend...not just my little sister. So although we were shocked 17 years ago to find out we had a new member to add to our family, we're so glad for her. She adds so much joy and fun to our family. So Happy Birthday, Lia. I hope today is wonderful!

Stay tuned for pictures from Lia's visit to Mississippi this weekend.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Well said. I still can't believe it's been 17 years. (sigh) Mom

The Segrest Family said...

JESSICA!!!!!!! jenny told me that y'all have a blog now and i'm so excited! i will be obssessively checking it from now on!
mk

Anonymous said...

you have been sucked in by the bloggers..but lots of fun to read. i miss yall!