
The weekend before Christmas break, Lee and I went to the Coast for Sally Hodges' wedding. Sally is my best friend Abe's little sister whom I've known almost my whole life - Abe's been my best friend since first grade. It was a sweet, sweet wedding. Their other brother, Stan, is Sally's twin, and he played a special part in the wedding. It was just really fun! The whole Hodges clan now lives in Marietta, Georgia, (except Stan - he's in Waco in seminary) so I miss them like crazy.
Lee said the reason for the look on Abe's face is because he knows I'm as crazy as Lee does! It's so great to have friends who go so far back that they really do know you...good or bad...and Abe could tell you both! We're both really lucky to have him as our friend. 
Another really exciting thing - Abe has a girlfriend! Her name is Janice and she's so cute and super nice. Just really warm and friendly... I felt like I'd known her forever in a matter of minutes. To quote my friend Abe, "God is good!" Let's just keep this one around, Abe!
Look at Abe's face in this picture! He did that in one that he and I took, too. What's the deal?!
I realize I have no pictures with the bride. I don't know what I was thinking! Probably feeling sorry for her aching feet and sympathizing with her desire to spend some time with her new husband. Remember that girls?

No comments:
Post a Comment