Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 29, 2006

What a fun Christmas...


Wow, we're back from our Christmas travels! It gets kinda crazy. We did Christmas day with Lee's family this year...our first time... so we had to switch some things around. We went to the Coast to my grandparents' house with my aunt and her family on Friday night. We did Christmas Saturday and went to church together on Sunday. After gathering our things Sunday afternoon, we loaded up and went to Pontotoc. It poured down rain the entire way there, and we got to Lee's grandmother's house at 10:30 that night. We did gifts with all of them and got home at about 2am. We woke up Monday morning to a great breakfast with the whole family. After opening gifts with Lee's family, we went to Lee's other grandmother's house with the whole crew. It was really fun and lively! Lee got up the next morning to go hunting while I slept late! We left that afternoon, and I dropped Lee off in Louisville to go to Lake Forest Ranch for his yearly men's hunting trip and bible study. He loves it! My mom and Lia and Alyssa were here when I got back, so we spent some time together for a few days. My mom and Lia left yesterday afternoon. I mean, it has been crazy! It took me all afternoon and night until 3am to clean up our house. It was a wreck! Traveling around is always really crazy, but we are so lucky to be able to see all of our families. Lee and I decided right after we got married that we would make the sacrifices to make that work as long as it was possible. And we have a good time in the car together. It gives us time to talk and laugh and spend time together amongst all the madness.


One really fun thing that we started doing years ago was Christmas pajamas. My mom started this when I was in junior high or high school, but it was just our family. We would put our pajamas on and take lots of pictures all night long. Now that we're all spread out and meet up at my grandparent's house, we ALL do Christmas pajamas. It's really fun, but a lot of work. My poor mom starts looking for pajamas the day after Christmas for the next year. It's hard to find all the sizes for 15 people! We took over 100 pictures this year...I've only put a few of them in the album below. The funny thing is, we never do anything with them. We'll print off a few, but that's all. Maybe we just love to be in front of the camera!


2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

LOVE the pj's! and the picture of you and lee with you kissin his cheek is OHHHHHHHH so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas pajamas. We do that each year for the kids too. I hope their future spouses are understanding that it's not a suggestion, but a requirement at the DeLoach house!