Ok, so I know we're a little behind, but Lee and I just watched Facing the Giants last night. What a great movie! I've been wanting to see it, and my friend Stacie told me last week that she had watched it and couldn't wait to tell other people to watch it. So I couldn't wait for this weekend to roll around so we could rent it. Oh my gosh, it's so good. I had heard the acting wasn't that great, and it's not. I'm not sure if it got better throughout the movie or if I was so caught up in the story that I didn't care anymore, but after the first 30 minutes, I never noticed it again. I already knew the storyline and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I don't think I've ever cried so much through a movie! The story itself is great...a wonderful reminder of what God can do in our lives when we let go and allow him. But then we watched all the extras on the DVD, and I cried through most of that. Most people have probably heard that it was all done with the help of volunteers. But to see video footage of those volunteers giving up their time and working so hard and then literally on their knees in prayer thoughout the process was so moving. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to rent it...and invite everyone you know over to watch it with you. If you have seen it, rent it to watch the extra footage. It's worth it!!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
You MUST see this...
Ok, so I know we're a little behind, but Lee and I just watched Facing the Giants last night. What a great movie! I've been wanting to see it, and my friend Stacie told me last week that she had watched it and couldn't wait to tell other people to watch it. So I couldn't wait for this weekend to roll around so we could rent it. Oh my gosh, it's so good. I had heard the acting wasn't that great, and it's not. I'm not sure if it got better throughout the movie or if I was so caught up in the story that I didn't care anymore, but after the first 30 minutes, I never noticed it again. I already knew the storyline and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I don't think I've ever cried so much through a movie! The story itself is great...a wonderful reminder of what God can do in our lives when we let go and allow him. But then we watched all the extras on the DVD, and I cried through most of that. Most people have probably heard that it was all done with the help of volunteers. But to see video footage of those volunteers giving up their time and working so hard and then literally on their knees in prayer thoughout the process was so moving. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to rent it...and invite everyone you know over to watch it with you. If you have seen it, rent it to watch the extra footage. It's worth it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You must have had the copy that we tried to rent!!! Kevin and I went to get it last night and they were all out! When you return yours, I'll get it!!! Haha - Enjoy your spring break!
hey don't rent it! Brad and I have our very own copy thanks to my mom as a valentine's day happy. You can watch it anytime. It is a must see.
Post a Comment