Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Daddy and Parker's Favorite Spot


Our big red chair is Lee and Parker's favorite place to spend time together in our house. They can be found taking a nap, studying for law school, or just playing and singing together. It's so sweet and so fun.










We are now officially on our own. My sweet mom stayed here for two weeks with us to help us adjust. It was wonderful to wake up and feed him after a night with no sleep and hand him over to her while Lee and I went back to sleep. She kept our house in order, ran errands for us, and helped us learn the little things about taking care of a baby. A large amount of fear set in the day before my mom left. I just wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this by myself. But we've been ok. We're at least attempting now to get into a routine...as much as possible. We all get up in the mornings to eat and take baths so that we're all up and going by the time Lee leaves for school. It at least helps me to get up and out of my pajamas!! Parker is sleeping well at night most of the time....but not all the time. Last night was a nearly sleepless night, but we're learning the tricks. And every day gets better and better!

5 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Parker looks like he has a smile on his face in the picture with Lee studying! PRECIOUS! Please call if you need anything! You all are in our prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

I love, love the pictures!!! What a sweet lil family. You are going to be such a wonderful mother!!! If you need me to help w/anything, Gere is M.I.A a lot (@ the library):) and I get bored here w/o him.

Kim and Eric said...

Jessica, I am in your mom's Sunday school class and just love the pictures of Parker. He is precious and so perfect. We are praying for y'all and know that you are doing a fantastic job! Enjoy each moment. Kim Moore

The Hugheys said...

Oh Jessica, when two days before my left PANIC struck and I cried (thanks to the fear AND postpardum blues) for two straight days, begging her not to leave me. :) I knew I could take care of Liza, but to take care of her, myself and the household... THERE WAS NO WAY! You will be amazed at yourself, however. You're right, it gets better and better and easier and easier. At some point, mom HAD to leave and I HAD to figure this all out... Thank the Good Lord, we are all still surviving! :) He is so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Jessica, I'm in your mother's ss class also. Your baby is precious, and you're right, it does get easier every day. You're probably already a pro by now!